June Advisors Group

Visa Options when Changing Marital Status

If you get divorced from your Japanese spouse, it is required to report the divorce to the Immigration office under the new law from July 9, 2012.

The Immigration officed may revoke your spouse visa after 6 months from the divorce.

It is eventually possible to change your spouse visa to a "Long Term Resident" visa if you have lived long enough in Japan (approximately 5 years) or if you have a child of Japanese nationality to raise in Japan.

Certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japan Immigration Office, we can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other immigration procedures.

For more information, click here.

Visa and Immigration Procedure in Japan

Setting Up Business in Japan
Business Consulting Services in Japan