June Advisors Group

Obtaining or Changing a Working Holiday Visa

The Japanese Government currently has agreements on Working Holiday Visa's with the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Denmark, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea. Each agreement is slightly different in its way of how it works (length, age limit, etc.)

You need to be a citizen of each country and to be living in the country at the time of application. You need to provide proof that you have sufficient money to support yourself during the initial days of your stay in Japan. The application is to be submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate close to where you live. It is not possible to submit the application at the Immigration office in Japan.
For more detail, please also see the following web sites:

Until recently, it was possible to change a working holiday visa directly to a work visa if the applicant was able to find a job in Japan that falls under the work visa categories and satisfies all of the other requirements. However, Japanese Immigration has suddenly changed this policy without giving any prior notice from the beginning of 2020 and recently is not granting visa changes for working holiday visa holders from the select countries where the treaty entered into with the Japanese Government does not permit a direct visa change (France, UK, etc.)

Certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japan Immigration Office, we can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other immigration procedures.

For more information, click here.

Visa and Immigration Procedure in Japan

Setting Up Business in Japan
Business Consulting Services in Japan