June Advisors Group

When do you need to Apply for a Re-Entry Permit?

From July 9, 2012, it is no longer required to have a Re-entry permit if you will be back in Japan within 12 months.

If you will be away for more than one year, it is still required to obtain a re-entry permit in advance.

Your current visa (including the permanent resident visa) will be automatically canceled if you come back after 12 months and it is also not possible to extend the re-entry permit at the Japanese Consulate overseas if you leave Japan using the "re-entry permit exemption".

If there is a chance that you will be away from Japan for more than 12 months, it is still recommended to get a Re-entry permit before you leave Japan.

Certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japan Immigration Office, we can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other immigration procedures.

For more information, click here.

Visa and Immigration Procedure in Japan

Setting Up Business in Japan
Business Consulting Services in Japan