June Advisors Group

Renewing your Visa

All the visas (status of residence) except for Permanent Resident visa have a certain time period of stay, and need therefore to be extended if you wish to stay in Japan longer.

The application for the Japanese Visa renewal can be submitted at the nearest Immigration Office from 3 months prior to the visa expiration date. There is no limit for the number of extensions that can be granted (except for some types of visa such as Trainee and Cultural Activities), as long as you meet all the requirements.

Once the application for the visa renewal is submitted, your current visa is automatically extended for 2 months from the date of your current expiration date, during which time the application is processed and the result is notified.

It is possible to travel outside of Japan while the application for the visa renewal is being processed as long as you will come back to Japan before the end of this 2 months' extension.

In the case your application is rejected, a new temporary status will be given, which will allow you to prepare for the departure.

If you return to Japan after the 2 months extension period, your visa will be cancelled even if the renewal application is in process.

We are certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japan Immigration Office, we can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other Immigration procedures and services.

For more information, click here.

Visa and Immigration Procedure in Japan

Setting Up Business in Japan
Business Consulting Services in Japan